Error parsing XSLT file: \xslt\FacebookOpenGraph.xslt EDF fleet gains 500th Tusker salary sacrifice EV
Cookies on Businesscar

We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we will assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on the Business Car website. However, if you would like to, you can change your cookies at any time

BusinessCar magazine website email Awards mobile

The start point for the best source of fleet information

EDF fleet gains 500th Tusker salary sacrifice EV

Date: 12 July 2021   |   Author: Sean Keywood

Energy firm EDF has seen its 500th employee receive an electric car through Tusker's salary sacrifice car benefit scheme.

EDF has been running the scheme for a year, and has so far had a 4% uptake.

The 500 EVs account for 93% of the vehicles delivered through the scheme, with the other 7% plug-in hybrids.

EDF benefits manager Vanessa Corsie said: "The great thing about Tusker's car benefit scheme is that we were able to open the opportunity to drive a brand-new car up to over 11,000 employees. 

"EDF is Britain's biggest generator, and we want to find new ways to help our customers and colleagues lower their carbon footprint and be part of the journey towards net zero.

"We launched the initiative to coincide with the government's change in BIK to 0% for the 2020/21 tax year. It reduced the BIK payable from 16% so provided considerable tax savings to employees - for both 20% and 40% taxpayers. 

"We've already seen substantial savings as an organisation too. It also meets our duty of care obligations, reduces grey fleet challenges by getting employees into a new car and helps us meet our corporate environmental targets, so it's a win all round."