Andreas Atkins of British Gas answers Barker's Dozen
12 February 2014
British Gas's EV boss talks football, ice hockey and gyms.
1. What was your first job? Centrica graduate scheme. But first ever was at 16 as a football coach after I got my first coaching licence.
2. What was your first company car? Skoda Octavia.
3. What did you listen to on your last car journey? Capital FM.
4. What one thing do you wish you could do better? Cook.
5. What's your biggest achievement? Representing my country for football.
I played for the England Universities team.
6. Who are your role models? My parents.
7. What's the stupidest thing you've done? Trying to ice skate for the first time ever in an actual ice hockey match.
8. What was the most hotly debated topic at your last meeting? Electric vehicle industry funding.
9. What's in your garage? I don't have a garage, but if I did I would have my car, and bicycles, and some tools.
10. What's the worst thing about your job? The travel.
11. What one law would you make or change? In football I would allow the referees a certain number of times per game they can refer to a TV screen for replays on any close decisions before making them.
12. What keeps you awake at night? My late-night gym work out.
13. Who is your ideal celebrity date? Doutzen Kroes, the Victoria's Secret model.
||Head of electric vehicles
|Sum up your company in 13 words or fewer: We are the leader in electric vehicle charging infrastructure in the UK.