Jim Lythgow of Specsavers answers Barker's Dozen
31 March 2011
BusinessCar's Paul Barker puts 13 testing questions to another victim
1. What was your first job? Helping out in my dad's pharmacy on a Saturday - cleaning not dispensing!
2. What was your first company car? Vauxhall Nova.
3. What did you listen to on your last car journey? High School Musical CD as my daughters were in the car.
4. What one thing do you wish you could do better? Play tennis.
5. What's your biggest achievement? Persuading my lovely wife to make an honest man of me.
6. Who are your role models? My father and Stephen Fry.
7. What's the stupidest thing you've done? Nearly answer this question honestly.
8. What was the most hotly debated topic at your last meeting? The recession.
9. What's in your garage? I don't have one.
10. What's the worst thing about your job? Never enough time.
11. What one law would you make or change? To make regular sight testing compulsory for drivers of commercial vehicles.
12. What keeps you awake at night? Very little.I sleep like a log!
13. Who is your ideal celebrity date? Marilyn Monroe, but I think I'm a little late.