Julie Jenner answers Barker's Dozen
05 February 2008
Julie Jenner, ACFO, Chairman
BusinessCar deputy editor Paul Barker puts 13 questions to: Julie Jenner, ACFO Chairman
1. What was your first job?
Filling out medical record cards for doctors.
2. What was your first company car?
My first actual company car was a Volkswagen Passat having taken the cash allowance previously.
3. What did you listen to on your last car journey?
The Steve Wright afternoon show on Radio 2.
4. What one thing do you wish you could do better?
Play the piano - I started to learn a couple of years ago and want to be able to play like Elton John already.
5. What's your biggest achievement?
Becoming Chairman of ACFO.
6. Who are your role models?
Sir John Harvey Jones.
7. What's the stupidest thing you've done?
Walking into CLOSED patio doors at my sister's house thinking they were open. A real You've Been Framed moment!
8. What was the most hotly debated topic at your last meeting?
Whether HMRC fuel rates truly reimburse the cost of business mileage.
9. What's in your garage?
A load of materials associated with my husband's building business.
10. What's the worst thing about your job?
Being asked to do some analysis or piece of work without being given the full information.
11. What one law would you make or change?
I would severely penalise those drivers who park in disabled parking spaces when they clearly are not disabled - this infuriates me.
12. What keeps you awake at night?
Everything - I always seem to have so much going through my mind and I find it really difficult to switch off.
13. Who is your ideal celebrity date?
Jeremy Clarkson - I share a lot of his views and would love to have the opportunity to discuss these with him on a one-to-one basis.
|Barker’s Dozen factfile|
|Job title||ACFO chairman & GE Key Solutions manager|
|Sum up your company in 13 words or fewer||ACFO’s an organisation offering unrivalled networking for fleet operators and sharing best practice|