BusinessCar Office Blog: 20 June 2007
20 June 2007
Just when I thought I'd heard it all along comes the Vatican and issues 10 commandments for Catholic road users...
Company Car Commandments
Just when I thought I'd heard it all along comes the Vatican and issues 10 commandments for Catholic road users.
- 1. You shall not kill.
- 2. The road shall be for you a means of communion between people and not of mortal harm.
- 3. Courtesy, uprightness and prudence will help you deal with unforeseen events.
- 4. Be charitable and help your neighbor in need, especially victims of accidents.
- 5. Cars shall not be for you an expression of power and domination, and an occasion of sin.
- 6. Charitably convince the young and not-so-young not to drive when they are not in a fit condition to do so.
- 7. Support the families of accident victims.
- 8. Bring guilty motorists and their victims together, at the appropriate time, so that they can undergo the liberating experience of forgiveness.
- 9. On the road, protect the more vulnerable party.
- 10. Feel responsible towards others.
This got me thinking, how about 10 commandments for company car drivers?
Here are a couple of my suggestions:
- Thou shalt not hog the middle lane of the motorway.
- Thou shalt not return a pool car 'on fumes'.
Anyone else got any good suggestions?