Mark Andrews answers Barker's Dozen
10 June 2013
The managing director behind driver communication app Driverconnex talks nervous team-mates, escaping rabbits, and a date with Devey.
1. What was your first job? Service engineer at Austin Rover, designing engine diagnostic equipment for MG Maestros.
2. What was your first company car? An MG Maestro. I don't care what anyone else says, I loved it.
3. What did you listen to on your last car journey? My daughter in the back of the car singing along to JLS.
4. What one thing do you wish you could do better? Be a better goalie - my five-a-side team always gets worried when it's my turn in goal.
5. What's your biggest achievement? Producing (with a little assistance from my wife) two beautiful children.
6. Who are your role models? My dad - he always said there was no such word as 'can't' - my mum, who always saw the best in people, and James Bond - what a life he leads!
7. What's the stupidest thing you've done? Probably agreeing to look after my daughter's best friend's rabbits while she was on holiday - when one nearly escaped it caused me a major panic!
8. What was the most hotly debated topic at your last meeting? As we gather momentum, the exciting challenges of balancing the resources and demands of a growing business.
9. What's in your garage? Three bicycles - two mountain bikes (one full suspension) and one racer with go faster stripes, all mine.
10. What's the worst thing about your job? Maintaining the work/life balance and trying not to let my exciting new venture become all consuming.
11. What one law would you make or change? Make it compulsory for everyone to go to the Paralympics at least once in their life - it really was inspirational.
12. What keeps you awake at night? The cold. Our bedroom is now in a loft conversion - I wish I had not scrimped on the insulation.
13. Who is your ideal celebrity date? Hilary Devey [Dragons' Den] - I am sure she would have some pearls of wisdom for me with my current new business venture.
Name: Mark Andrews
Job title: Managing director
Home town: Deddington, Oxfordshire
Family: Wife and two kids - Olivia (12) and Edward (9)
Sum up your company in 13 words or fewer: Mobile app solution providing fleet managers cost-effective way to communicate with drivers.