Lexus's Andy Simpson answers Barker's Dozen
12 January 2009
Business Car deputy editor Paul Barker puts 13 testing questions to Lexus corporate sales and remarketing boss Andy Simpson
1. What was your first job? TSB Head Office, London
2. What was your first company car? Fiat Mirafiori (sounded better than reality!)
3. What did you listen to on your last car journey? Coldplay
4. What one thing do you wish you could do better? Save money
5. What's your biggest achievement? Selling 3500 Rovers to The Royal London in one month. Or scoring five hundreds in one cricket year.
6. Who are your role models? Probably Sir Ian Botham, but I wouldn't mind coming back as Roger Partridge!
7. What's the stupidest thing you've done? Stepped into what seemed to be a shallow lake when fly-fishing in the Hebrides and nearly drowning.
8. What was the most hotly debated topic at your last meeting? New product launches
9. What's in your garage? Wine, bikes, fishing gear, golf clubs and more wine.
10. What's the worst thing about your job? Paying tax on the company car
11. What one law would you make or change? I'd stop vans travelling in the outside lane of motorways.
12. What keeps you awake at night? Not being able to sleep!
13. Who is your ideal celebrity date? Natalie Cole