Graham Furneux-Porter of National Windscreens answers Barker's Dozen
13 January 2014
National Windscreens' fleet sales boss faces our 'dozen'
1. What was your first job?
I worked in the collection department of a finance house in the days when you were allowed to snatch cars back if the hire purchase hadn't been paid. Exciting times!
2. What was your first company car?
Ford Cortina mk2.
3. What did you listen to on your last car journey?
My wife from the back seat telling me how to drive.
4. What one thing do you wish you could do better?
5. What's your biggest achievement?
Fathered four children and have two stepchildren and still avoided bankruptcy.
6. Who are your role models?
I've never aspired to be anybody else.
7. What's the stupidest thing you've done?
Sold my first property at a loss.
8. What was the most hotly debated topic at your last meeting?
Whether 'tinting' and 'van conversions' are classed as vehicle glazing services. They are!
9. What's in your garage?
Five years of accrued possessions that I clearly don't need.
10. What's the worst thing about your job?
11. What one law would you make or change?
I would make it law that oil companies have to reduce the price of fuel at the same speed at which they increase it.
12. What keeps you awake at night?
Heating in the bedroom.
13. Who is your ideal celebrity date?
England manager Roy Hodgson. I'd tell him who he should and shouldn't select.
||National fleet sales manager
||Married, four children, two stepchildren three grandchildren, two stepgrandchildren
||Sorry.? Didn't hear the question.
|Sum up your company in 13 words or fewer:
||Operates the UK's largest windscreen replacement and repair fitting centre network.