Pete Lunt of EST answers Barker's Dozen
26 November 2013
The EST's fleet consultant is appalled at not being offered a brew, but impressed by his mate Mike.
1. What was your first job?
Saturday job at McDonald's while I was in the sixth form. I learned a lot about life and kitchens.
2. What was your first company car?
3. What did you listen to on your last car journey?
Shack's And Here's Tom With The Weather.
4. What one thing do you wish you could do better?
Play guitar better - I'm hopeless.
5. What's your biggest achievement?
6. Who are your role models?
My friend, Mike. He constantly challenges himself and those around him to be better, even if that entails a lot of change.
7. What's the stupidest thing you've done?
I am genuinely too embarrassed to say.
8. What was the most hotly debated topic at your last meeting?
What does independence mean.
9. What's in your garage?
Sadly, I don't have one.
10. What's the worst thing about your job?
Having to argue that keeping better records about fleets is essential rather than somehow 'a nice thing to have'. That and the number of people who don't even offer you a cup of tea at the start of a meeting; there are so many it's really appalling.
11. What one law would you make or change?
Not sure I could stop at one, but urban zoning in relation to transport irritates me a lot.
12. What keeps you awake at night?
My son's snoring.
13. Who is your ideal celebrity date?
||Energy Saving Trust
||Wife, a son and a daughter
|Sum up your company in 13 words or fewer:
|Helping companies and individuals save money while doing the right thing.