Julie Farey of TR Fleet answers Barker's Dozen
16 July 2012
BusinessCar's Paul Barker puts 13 testing questions to another victim
1. What was your first job? Saturday girl in a haberdashery called Button Boutiques, selling (you guessed it) buttons!
2. What was your first company car? Vauxhall Vectra - my pride and joy and a very big step up from my Maestro!
3. What did you listen to on your last car journey? Always Radio 1.
4. What one thing do you wish you could do better? Netball. I wish I was as fit as I was in my 20s. And another three inches in height would be good.
5. What's your biggest achievement? Getting up in the mornings - I am the world's worst morning person ever.
6. Who are your role models? I have a few. My mum - always has been and always will be - for coping with all of us five children. It was definitely Margaret Thatcher when I was younger - when asked about careers at school I always said I wanted to go into politics! Richard Branson is hugely inspirational and he should have definitely gone into politics.
7. What's the stupidest thing you've done? At work one Friday I went to buy some lunch and realised I had left my purse at home. Then after work I took my normal Friday trip to the supermarket to do the weekly shop, filled the trolley, scanned and bagged everything to only remember I didn't have my purse. Doh!
8. What was the most hotly debated topic at your last meeting? The next phase of IT development for DriveSecure.
9. What's in your garage? I don't have one, but if I did it would definitely contain my car as my pet hate is scraping off ice.
10. What's the worst thing about your job? It's only my third week so can you ask me again in nine months? The traffic in the morning is a nightmare - does that count?
11. What one law would you make or change? Definitely the use of mobile phones in any form while driving - even with hands-free the concentration levels are as bad as being twice over the alcohol legal limit.
12. What keeps you awake at night? Not much, but in the spring the lambs wake me up early.
13. Who is your ideal celebrity date? Sorry, it will have to be the one and only Robbie Williams.