Rick Yarrow of Experteye answers Barker's Dozen
14 May 2012
BusinessCar's Paul Barker puts 13 testing questions to another victim
1. What was your first job? A site engineer building the York bypass.
2. What was your first company car? A Volvo 343.
3. What did you listen to on your last car journey? An Arsenal podcast.
4. What one thing do you wish you could do better? There's certainly scope for improvement with my golf.
5. What's your biggest achievement? Bringing up two fabulous daughters.
6. Who are your role models? I'm not a huge fan of role models, as I feel it's very hard to pinpoint one or two individuals who are the complete package. However, I admire any self-made business person who has started their own company and built it up from scratch.
7. What's the stupidest thing you've done? Locating Experteye's offices next door to a fine wine merchant. It leads to a great deal of temptation and a need for will power.
8. What was the most hotly debated topic at your last meeting? Touchpoint, our web-based driver satisfaction system, is a very important priority for us at the moment and we were discussing its next phase of growth, which is to offer it to the likes of auction firms, fast-fit providers, windscreen companies, accident management specialists and any other business that supports drivers in the fleet sector.
9. What's in your garage? Not a car, that's for sure! Mainly stuff that I put there ages ago thinking I'd have it cleared within a week.
10. What's the worst thing about your job? The amount of time lost through travel. I daren't even think how long I spend on the road each month, but it's something that affects most people.
11. What one law would you make or change? Any law or form of red tape that defies common sense, and I'm sure I'd have a full-time job dealing with them all.
12. What keeps you awake at night? Jamie Lee Curtis.
13. Who is your ideal celebrity date? Sorry - looks like I've confused this question with the last one.