Nathan Dennis of Audi UK answers Barker's Dozen
07 May 2012
BusinessCar's Paul Barker puts 13 testing questions to another victim
1. What was your first job? Parts interpretation manager for Seat UK.
2. What was your first company car? A Seat Ibiza.
3. What did you listen to on your last car journey? I was listening to my iPhone on shuffle so a mixture of Coldplay, New Order and Snow Patrol's new album. I enjoy listening to all sorts of music.
4. What one thing do you wish you could do better? Finding eight days in a week. Time travel would be good as well.
5. What's your biggest achievement? To be honest, even after all these years I still get a buzz seeing my creative work for fleet or aftersales in press, online or basically anywhere.
6. Who are your role models? I have a few in the automotive industry and hopefully they know who they are. My dad would be the main one for sure. I've also been a massive Steve Jobs fan for years. We have lost a real visionary who may never be replaced or achieve the things he did in such a short space of time in popular and industrial culture.
7. What's the stupidest thing you've done? There are too many to mention here to be honest!
8. What was the most hotly debated topic at your last meeting? It was about our 2012 marketing and events planning and where everything was going to sit throughout the year. Nothing major I'm afraid.
9. What's in your garage? My Audi S3 and golf clubs.
10. What's the worst thing about your job? Not being able to do the things I would like to do because of time. Living out of a suitcase can sometimes get tough, but it's part of the job and the hotels aren't too bad.
11. What one law would you make or change? Increase the speed limit to 80mph, and look at variable limits throughout the day and night and by region or motorway.
12. What keeps you awake at night? Ideas or work in general. Not a lot else really. I could fall asleep anywhere to be honest and do on occasions.
13. Who is your ideal celebrity date? Sofía Vergara from Modern Family.