Total Accident Management's Penny Stoolman answers Barker's Dozen
02 February 2009
Business Car deputy editor Paul Barker puts 13 testing questions to Total Accident Management MD Penny Stoolman
1. What was your first job? Child actress - several TV roles ranging from an alien in a green fluffy suit to one of the Brodie Set in "The Prime of Miss Jean Brodie"
2. What was your first company car? Ford Escort
3. What did you listen to on your last car journey? Rufus Wainwright
4. What one thing do you wish you could do better? Play blues piano
5. What's your biggest achievement? Taking 6 months out to design and project manage the renovation of our new (and very old) family home.
6. Who are your role models? Kate Swann; Chief Executive WH Smith and Lorelai Gilmore
7. What's the stupidest thing you've done? In my early sales days in the fleet market, I once misread the information on an appointment sheet and drove from Edinburgh to Norwich instead of Northwich - was just a tad late but still did the deal!!
8. What was the most hotly debated topic at your last meeting? What not to do
9. What's in your garage? An impressive collection of gardening equipment (that rarely escapes) and a sit-on lawn mower (that my husband never lets me get on).
10. What's the worst thing about your job? The M4
11. What one law would you make or change? I'd like to see the UK adopt a similar policy to other European countries where newly qualified drivers have to be 'chaperoned' for a period of time before being let loose on their own
12. What keeps you awake at night? Those double shot skinny lattes I've been drinking all day
13. Who is your ideal celebrity date? George Clooney