Honda's Graham Avent answers Barker's Dozen
18 August 2008
BusinessCar deputy editor Paul Barker puts 13 testing questions to Honda fleet boss Graham Avent
1. What was your first job? Odd job boy at the Packhorse Pub in Southstoke just outside Bath. First proper job was as a supply chain analyst for Ford Motor Company in Dagenham.
2. What was your first company car? Ford Cougar
3. What did you listen to on your last car journey? Radio 4 Breakfast, Radio 5 Live, the new Duffy CD and Bill Bryson's Short History of Nearly Everything CD (it's a long commute.)
4. What one thing do you wish you could do better? Listen more attentively when I get home.
5. What's your biggest achievement? Apart from my marriage and two children winning "This Morning's" national sketch writing competition and appearing on the sofa with Richard and Judy.
6. Who are your role models? Eric Morecambe, James Dyson and Sir Alex Ferguson.
7. What's the stupidest thing you've done? Invested in a company I knew nothing about.
8. What was the most hotly debated topic at your last meeting? Formula 1 and Euro5 regulation.
9. What's in your garage? Nothing of any value. The £28K car is on the drive.
10. What's the worst thing about your job? The emails.
11. What one law would you make or change? Force people to get a license before they can have children.
12. What keeps you awake at night? Ensuring all our customers understand our brand repositioning.
13. Who is your ideal celebrity date? Jennifer Aniston.