Andrew Leech of Mycompanyfleet answers Barker's Dozen
10 May 2010
BusinessCar's Paul Barker puts 13 testing questions to another victim
1. What was your first job?
I set up a car wash round at 12.
2. What was your first company car?
3. What did you listen to on your last car journey?
Do I want to admit this? Pixie Lott's album.
4. What one thing do you wish you could do better?
5. What's your biggest achievement?
At the moment this changes all the time, but currently would have to say my one-year old daughter walking to me!
6. Who is your role model?
I don't really have one but admire England rugby coach Martin Johnson and former Soviet leader Mikhail Gorbachev.
7. What's the stupidest thing you've done?
When I was younger I'd spend weekends dressed in armour hitting people with swords at old castles - good fun but a little strange for a hobby, in retrospect.
8. What was the most hotly debated topic at your last meeting?
This is an interesting one. It was about how far we should go with VAT rules by country. That meeting flew by.
9. What's in your garage?
A Mazda RX-8, a Land Rover and diving equipment.
10. What's the worst thing about your job?
A lot of overseas travel - anyone who has done this for some time will know what I mean.
11. What one law would you make or change?
I would outlaw static speed cameras, except outside schools, and ensure traffic police numbers were increased, so it wasn't just speeding but other dangerous driving activities that were cracked down on. There are some scary things happening out there and you rarely see police on the roads to stop them.
12. What keeps you awake at night?
13. Who is your ideal celebrity date?
TV presenter Holly Willoughby - but I would try and convince her not to support Arsenal!