David Bird of Leasedrive Velo answers Barker's Dozen
21 June 2010
BusinessCar's Paul Barker puts 13 testing questions to another victim
1. What was your first job? I worked in the elephant house in Bristol Zoo - I won't supply any further details.
2. What was your first company car? A brand new Ford Escort. Great feeling when that was delivered - I thought I'd really made it!
3. What did you listen to on your last car journey? George Thorogood and the Destroyers mixed in with a bit of Radio 5.
4. What one thing do you wish you could do better? I wish I could do pretty much everything better to be honest, but as Paul Gascoigne once said: "I just wish I could be a better person."
5. What's your biggest achievement? Surviving in the fleet industry for 25 years.
6. Who is your role model? Roddy Graham (LeaseDrive Velo's commercial director) is the obvious one of course, but apart from him it has to be Nelson Mandela.
7. What's the stupidest thing you've done? The first football match my dad took me to was Bristol Rovers versus Man Utd - guess which team I chose to support!
8. What was the most hotly debated topic at your last meeting? Peter Crouch's inclusion in the England World Cup squad.
9. What's in your garage? A sit-on lawnmower and an exercise bike.
10. What's the worst thing about your job? Trying to get a word in edgeways during our board meetings!
11. What one law would you make or change? I would have Bristol City Football Club abolished!
12. What keeps you awake at night? Apart from dodgy curries, nothing really.
13. Who is your ideal celebrity date? BBC News presenter Kate Silverton.