Peter Eldridge of Inchcape answers Barker's Dozen
25 October 2010
BusinessCar's Paul Barker puts 13 testing questions to another victim
1. What was your first job?
I joined Fiat (England) Ltd as an apprentice technician in September 1963.
2. What was your first company car?
A Cortina 1300L.
3. What did you listen to on your last car journey?
Day 21 (previously Sham 69) - my son Neal is their drummer.
4. What one thing do you wish you could do better?
Improve my memory!
5. What's your biggest achievement?
Rescuing a drowning man from the river Thames at Queens Wharf in Hammersmith.
6. Who are your role models?
Roger Daltrey of The Who - a real rock icon.
7. What's the stupidest thing you've done?
Turning up for a fleet awards dinner one month to the day early!
8. What was the most hotly debated topic at your last meeting?
9. What's in your garage?
My pride and joy - a Harley Davidson 1200 Custom 100th Anniversary model.
10. What's the worst thing about your job?
Nothing really. I could do with fewer emails, but I am still enjoying the challenges after 47 years in the industry.
11. What one law would you make or change?
A zero tolerance litter ban - I hate it!
12. What keeps you awake at night?
Absolutely nothing - but my wife Lynn will say that my snoring keeps her awake!
13. Who is your ideal celebrity date?
The actress Claire Forlani or the singer Pink.