Charlie McCullagh of Car Lease 4 You answers Barker's Dozen
13 September 2010
BusinessCar's Paul Barker puts 13 testing questions to another victim
1. What was your first job?
I was in construction from 16 years old. It was a worthwhile experience - it hardened me up for later years.
2. What was your first company car?
A Mitsubishi Carisma.
3. What did you listen to on your last car journey?
Meatloaf's Bat Out Of Hell.
4. What one thing do you wish you could do better?
I would like to be a better squash player.
5. What's your biggest achievement?
Establishing Car Lease 4 You. The car and van leasing group has been and continues to be both challenging and extremely rewarding. No two days are ever the same as we grow the business, adding some top companies to our client base.
6. Who is your role model?
My dad. He is a hard task master - he gave me the belief in myself to push on in life. Thanks dad.
7. What's the stupidest thing you've done?
I went skiing with my wife two years ago. It was my first time. Needless to say there were a few cuts.
8. What was the most hotly debated topic at your last meeting?
Growing our database.
9. What's in your garage?
Land Rover Discovery.
10. What's the worst thing about your job?
Not being able to switch off from it. I am always working or thinking about the next big deal.
11. What one law would you make or change?
The government vehicle registration tax in the Republic of Ireland has to go.
12. What keeps you awake at night?
My young daughter, Molly.
13. Who is your ideal celebrity date?
Minnie Driver, actress and singer.