Tony Hulatt of CLM Fleet Management answers Barker's Dozen
24 May 2010
BusinessCar's Paul Barker puts 13 testing questions to another victim
1. What was your first job? Dealer-based fleet salesman for the largest GM dealer in the UK at the time.
2. What was your first company car? Vauxhall Cavalier.
3. What did you listen to on your last car journey? Emmylou Harris.
4. What one thing do you wish you could do better? Ironing shirts.
5. What's your biggest achievement? Avoiding ironing shirts.
6. Who is your role model? I don't have one - in this world, we live and learn by our own actions.
7. What's the stupidest thing you've done? Trying to audition for The New Seekers when I was 16.
8. What was the most hotly debated topic at your last meeting? Salary sacrifice schemes and how long before Government legislates to reduce their effectiveness.
9. What's in your garage? Ride-on mower and lots of rubbish.
10. What's the worst thing about your job? Having to be a paternal autocrat.
11. What one law would you make or change? The current employment laws - scrap them and start again.
12. What keeps you awake at night? The inevitable balance between income and expenditure.
13. Who is your ideal celebrity date? Linda Thorson (you know, John Steed's sidekick in cult 1960s TV show The Avengers).